Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lá Fhéile Pádraig shona daoibh - Happy St Patrick's Day

Today I am mostly doing


(Recognise the scarf, CA?)

and have watched the Grand Marshalls, Brian Dooher Tyrone Football Captain, Henry Shefflin, Kilkenny Hurling representative, Angela Walsh, Cork Football Captain and Cathriona Foley, Cork Camogie Captain being interviewed



and am looking at performers like





while waiting for the 2009 St Patrick's Day Parade in Dublin to start.

So as you can imagine, blogging will be light. In the meantime, keep an eye on Twitter - You can see all tweets using the #SPF09 tag here - to give you an idea of what twitterers are talking about.

I'll be uploading photos on the go there too - http://twitter.com/darraghdoyle

I added this to Culch.ie a couple of days ago but in case you haven't seen it:



Don't forget to upload any photos you have to the Pix.ie St Patrick's Festival Group. Yes, Marcus does pay me every time I mention them :-P

Enjoy the day whatever you get up to, wherever you are!

5 comments:

  1. Woo it's looking good in the pics and weather is fabulous, I better get my skates on. Happy St. Patricks Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'll be having a chilled out day in Greystones and checking out a little town parade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following the images on Twitter, brilliant coverage Darragh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your coverage Darragh; I flew back from Scotland in the afternoon and then spent the rest of the day on the couch. But thanks to your tweets I feel like I still got a real flavour of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I did recognise your scarf, it was the highlight of my Saint Patrick's Day - true story!

    Just like last time, and just like your many other readers, I came by your blog when you first put your photos up. And goodness, you should have seen the smile your photos put on my face. I really did jump, with delighted surprise.

    I'm so very pleased to know your scarf has been of use to you, and the colours were just right for your special Irish day.

    Sad news, though. I am afraid to say I have very sad news. I didn't receive your wonderful gift, for I am sure it was truly wonderful.

    Your gift and an earlier Christmas parcel from Ireland, never turned up. No sign of it at all. One just arrived this week though, and it had been through the mill with the Aussie quarantine service. And now I suspect your gift came through the same way, but with less success.

    Can I know what it was? Or, else .. well, I should really email tomorrow, as I'm taking up your entire blog here. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete