Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dublin Airport's new terminal and Chain Reaction

I'm off to London for a few days to work on the Chain Reaction event. I may not be going through Dublin airport's terminal 2 just yet, but it won't be long by the looks of things.





The Chain Reaction event looks very interesting. There are some amazing speakers lined up from the world of charity and social entrepreneurship. I'm looking forward to meeting and hearing Richard Branson, Mark Thompson, DG of the BBC, Nipun Mehta, Founder of Charityfocus.org, Colin Parry, Founder of Foundation for Peace and a personal hero of mine, John Bird, Founder and Editor-In-Chief of The Big Issue.

For the programme running over Monday and Tuesday, I'll be reprising my role as a social reporter, helping to blog, tweet, photograph, record, interview and video the event. I'm working with a brilliant team to help all this happen. It's something I hope to be able to help replicate in Ireland soon.

Better go. Lift in 30 minutes, need to shower, nothing packed. The usual!

4 comments:

  1. Take time to smell the roses!

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darragh

    Looking forward to working with you to capture some of the fun and flavour of Chain Reaction.

    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really wishing I could be there too Daragh but looking forward to your reporting as an excellent substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an amazing event, certainly would be a good idea to have something similar in Ireland.

    The Terminal Video looks very snazzy, but what I really want to know is will the new terminal have a restaurant serving an all day fry up? I always feel better boarding a plane with a belly full of bacon

    ReplyDelete