Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday tune: Cecilia. Who sings this version?

I've been listening to this version for weeks now, but have no idea who's singing it. I love its simplicity, the heavy guitar strumming and the choral crescendo. It's in my iPod as Simon and Garfunkel but somehow I don't think it is - it seems too different to the one I'm more familiar with.



It was released in 1970 and according to Wikipedia, "when the original album was released on vinyl, the song included sounds out of the human hearing range. This has led to rumors that Cecilia was actually written about Simon's black lab, Cecilia." Best song about a dog ever?

Anyone got any ideas who's singing this please?

3 comments:

  1. Just spent the past 20 minutes flicking through iTunes for all versions of Cecilia (a lot of them are awful), but can't find your one.

    Incidentally, it's the best version I've heard. I loved Suggs version, but that one is far superior, even better than S&G's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this version, can't find anyone who did a version like this. Will love to find out who did this, maybe S&G?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm - sounds like Glen Hansard's voice to me, but I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete