Monday, April 07, 2008

My favourite photo of me, ever...


I don't really like the caught-in-action photo 'portraits' of me because they never catch the full moment - just one glimpse or aspect of it. Because I find it difficult to not be doing something, I'm all too often caught mid pose looking silly. There are MANY photos that can attest to that!

Not in the photo above though, which my friend Nina took at the St Patrick's Day parade.

I've always felt outside. I've always known that no matter how involved I would be, there's still be something else people were looking at, were grasping for or were surprised by. I enter into minds for a second or three and am then instantly forgotten as something better comes along.

In some ways the photo sums that up perfectly. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment