Sunday, March 25, 2007

Would you be bothered twittering on?

Twitter: now you can see EXACTLY what I'm thinking (when (and if) I post it).

This whole Interweb 2.0 is great. Thanks to Bebo, I can see how Orla's doing in Australia, thanks to Flickr I can share my photos and see other friends' ones, I can catch up with people on Vox.com, thanks to Yahoo answers I can find out things like this, thanks to netvibes I can have my own homepage almost the way I want it and thanks to Last.fm I can groove while writing this (as Stephen so kindly put it) "waffle".

Twitter.com takes the waffle part to the next level. It's people's thoughts as they post them from around the world. I'd heard about it but Donncha joining up made me go and have a look...

Here's a really good post for newcomers about it. So it's people doing what people used to do way back in the day when blogs were weblogs. Enter text. Hit submit. It's a stripped down version of Bebo and My Space and it lets you see where your friends are and what they're doing - if they post. If they can be bothered. I have. Not sure if I will again though...

Twittervision helps you follow them around on Google Maps. "Interesting" is probably not the exact word I'd use, but from a web 2.0 angle you have to give it to them - they're certainly connecting the world!

So here I am... another page with my name on it. What am I doing now? Posting on Twitter that I've posted this here of course...




No comments:

Post a Comment