Saturday, May 16, 2009

Norway's Eurovision Winner Alexander Rybak takes a lovely photo

He may be "in love with a fairy tale" but via the live blog on Culch.ie this evening, I learned that Alexander Rybak has had some lovely photos of himself taken...

image shows Alexander Rybak sitting at a laptop, side profile with big smile and eyebrows to the camera

image shows Alexander Rybak smiling at the camera, wearing a big eskimo style hood on a bright orange coat

image shows Rybak sitting with his head resting on his arms, with the flames of a fire in the foreground

and the best photo of any Eurovision Song Contest winner EVER!!!:

image shows three people with a lake and waterski-trails photoshopped into the background, while they're sitting on brightly neon coloured plastic chairs.

If you haven't seen the song already - well, it's not bad... here it is:



The lyrics are:

Years ago when I was younger, I kinda liked a girl I knew.
She was mine, and we were sweethearts, That was then, but then it's true

I'm in love with a fairytale, Even though it hurts.
Cause I don't care if I lose my mind; I'm already cursed

Every day we started fighting, Every night we fell in love.
No one else could make me sadder, But no one else could lift me high above

I don't know what I was doing, but suddenly we fell apart.
Nowadays I cannot find her. But when I do well get a brand new start

I'm in love with a fairytale, even though it hurts.
Cause I don't care if I lose my mind; I'm already cursed

9 comments:

  1. Well Done Alexander, you won will true full colours..Bettan and the rest of the world are proud of you.

    Regards Sean Clarke

    P.S Send my reagards to Bettan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for Alexander!he was great! We are really charmed!because before him, this eurovision contest was boring for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw his performance, can you say, "Mike Flowers Pops?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. he looks a bit like the guy who I hope will win American Idol -- Kris Allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexander is the greatest thing to happen to Europe since ...erm ...since ....

    Cheap Interrailing tickets?!

    NORWAY FTW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Norway!Great song,Dublin Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Norway won the Eurovision? My God! Next you'll be telling us Barak Obama is doing U-turns on his human rights policies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Believe it or not, this is the first time I have heard the song. It's kinda cathcy after a couple of verses. But they guy can't sing.

    ReplyDelete