Friday, May 22, 2009

Fancy volunteering at The Cat Laughs Comedy Festival this year?

4 people on a stage singing at microphones and posing like ponces - three of them are me, Anthony McG and Darren Byrne
(Yes, that is me, Anto and Darren performing live. Really. Kinda.)

It was one of the best events I've ever volunteered at. I had so much fun with comedians, fellow volunteers and friends and it's happening again this year. Next weekend in fact!

Yep, it's the Carlsberg Cat Laughs Comedy Festival in Kilkenny and they're looking for volunteers.

banner image with Cat Laughs logo and dates 28 May to June 1

There are OOODLES of comedians performing this year - Tommy Tiernan, Des Bishop, Dermot Whelan, Andrew Maxwell, Barry Murphy, David O'Doherty, Karl Spain, Jarlath Regan, Andrew Lawrence, Lee Mack, Ricky Grover, PJ Gallagher, Dom Irrera, Maeve Higgins, Dave Gorman, Ian Coppinger, Neil Delamere, Otis Lee Crenshaw... so yes, there's loads.

The full list and programme is over on their website - http://carlsbergcatlaughs.com

Last year I met the comedians, I met some really cool people (that I'm still in touch with) and got to see a good few shows, all for showing people to their seats, getting the place ready and clearing it after it was done.

Yes, it's a bit of manual work; no, it's not uber glamorous but it's worthwhile for something that brings as much money to Kilkenny as the Festival does and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it lots. I blogged about it here last year.

So yes, they're looking for volunteers older than 18 to come help. As well as the cool and funky t-shirt and lanyard, you get show passes, festival club passes and drinks vouchers. Well, we did last year...

All you gotta do is click here or email volunteers@carlsbergcatlaughs.com for more info. The volunteer manager is Deirdre. Tell her I said hello :)

photo shows me, Darren Byrne, Liz, Anthony, Niamh and friends with Des Bishop and Jason Byrne

If you're in the area or free over the Bank Holiday weekend and want to do something really worthwhile, I can't recommend it enough :) Truly an epic weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I love that first Photo - because yer all acting the maggot and Neil is just standing there so serious. I swear at that moment he heard music, saw the lights ho down and was staring Simon Cowell in the eye.

    KILKENNY ROCKS

    ReplyDelete