Thanks to John Breslin, here's the full list of winners, (before of course they're on the Golden Spiders website). Congrats on the win for Boards.ie, John! Also a big congratulations for the well deserved best recruitment site goes to Gary and the team at Prosperity Recruitment. They're the best I've used both as candidate and client and deserve the recognition.
It was a spur-of-the-moment experiment - could I live blog an event I wasn't at, based soley on the tweets from those I follow who were at it? Answer this time is no, unfortunately.
It's 00:24 and it doesn't seem there's anyone tweeting from the Burlington. Hopefully they're too busy enjoying themselves.
The 2008 Golden Spider Award winners (that I know of) are as follows:
- Best indigenous website - Movies.ie*
- Best Digital Media Website - TV3.ie
- Best Blog - Mulley.net
- Best Education, Research & Training website - OSI.ie
- Best Web design & development agency - Webfactory
- Best Retail & Home Shopping Website - Toyota.ie
- Best e-government Website - OSI.ie
- Best Social Networking & Community Website – People's Choice - Boards.ie
- Internet Hero - Aodhan Cullen, chief executive of web analysis firm Statcounter. Cullen, 25, started the company when he was 16. Great interview here.
- Grand Prix Award - TV3.ie **
It's a real pity the Golden Spiders didn't have a dedicated twitter feed for the Awards, or someone there tweeting the results, especially given their hefty attendance fee of single seats costing €300 each while a table of 10 cost €2900, plus black tie dress code.
With the amount of liveblogging and livecasting technology available, you'd have assumed they'd have tried something. Even setting their website to update at midnight would have been a help.
However, we can wait until the morning when the results are out I guess. No harm done. Big opportunity may have been missed though.
Congrats to Vincent from Movies.ie on a well deserved award and of course to Damien too!
God bless Twitter for such occasions.