Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ophidiophobia: Do you have a snake phobia?

Then perhaps you better look away now...

This boy didn't


Actual exchange between them (with very strong 'dubalin' accents):
Boy: Ahhh he won't go in ta me tee-shurt!
Girl: Well, he probly doesn't want to smell yer sweahh!
This boy didn't...





and typically, this blogger didn't either...



How about you?




I don't mean to make light of this phobia by the way. This was a small, harmless corn snake. I googled the phobia and found Haven Hypnotherapy in Dublin who may be able to help.

11 comments:

  1. Is there anything you won't do, Darragh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andy, thanks for the comment!

    Plenty I won't do... yet. But most (legal) things are up for grabs. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont mind snakes at all, which is odd for a girl. hate spiders though. go all weak in the knees over spiders

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I can make a dirty comment here. I just know it......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a huge snake placed around my neck by the "entertainment group" when I was in Tunisia. I was completely bricking it, but one I got it removed I was delighted I managed to sit there and although I though I would be all slimey and stuff I actually felt very clean. It was a frightening but good experience.

    Lottie leave the durty comments alone, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had the pleasure of meeting a real live snake. Not quite sure how I would handle it.

    I've held a tranantula before which I never thought I would do before but the experience was actually quite fun!

    Fair play Darragh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first pic with you in it looks like you're not just holding a snake, but a tiny woman and her child too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my God Darren, I didn't know what you were talking about until I looked back and I literally LOL'd. That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darragh Doyle - Superbeing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Give me a snake over tight spaces anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. have to say im not afraid of them but i would be weirded out by snakes!

    Your a brave brave man !
    ANd look at that fearless 10 year old fecker!

    ReplyDelete