If you're not stripping off for Spencer or at the Barcamp in Belfast on Saturday June 21, this could be a good option for you.
There's a health and yoga day in the Cultivate Centre in Dublin's Temple Bar from 9am to 6pm. Tickets are €20.
Martin and the team have arranged a complete introduction to many disciplines of healthy living for those attending. Many of the organisations promoting wellness in the country are taking part.
Having attended the recent Art of Living course there, I can highly recommend the venue, people and classes. I learned many important and practical lessons to help me day to day.
On the 21, you'll be able to:
- learn more with yoga, aikido, meditation and tai chi classes,
- find out about therapies such as reiki, reflexology, acupuncture and massage,
- listen to talks on homeopathy, astrology and more,
- participate in workshops such as the Alexander technique and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
All introductions and classes take place in Cultivate and the adjoining Aspect Language School (where meditation, yoga classes and many of the treatments will be held in quiet, private rooms).
There's almost too many to blog about, so I'll direct you now to the Cultivate website. Otherwise, read on for some of the events I'd like to attend and learn more about:
10.00 - 10.50 | Tai Chi with Mark from Lotus Yoga
10.00 - 10.55 | Acupuncture with Mary O'Keeffe and Joanne McGrath from Oscailt - 'Promoting the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself'
11.00 - 11.55 | Introduction to Psychological Astrology with Margaret Gray from Oscailt
- The benefits and most commonly treated conditions - pain relief, stress, PMS, insomnia, sinusitis, digestive disorders, addictions etc
- Is acupuncture for you and how it works?
- How it can be combined with western medicine e.g. infertility, IVF, depression
11.00 - 12.15 | Aikido with the Irish Aikido Federation
- Become aware of the beliefs that you have used to create all your relationships and understand more clearly what might be in the way of creating fulfilling partnerships
- Transform beliefs and clear unresolved patterns to open new channels for creative communication and intimacy
- Unlock the limitation of self expression, which can result in true and lasting transformation
12.00 - 13.00 | Homeopathy, interconnectedness and independence - Irish School of Homeopathy
14.00 - 14.30 | Programmes for Well Being and Deepak Chopra's 'Seduction of Spirit' retreat with Mary Callaghan - Inner Bliss
- A lecture on the sustainable use of homeopathy and how you can take control of your health
14.00 - 15.15 | The Inner Journey: Meditation and Self-Discovery with Shane Magee from Lotus Yoga
14.30 - 15.10 | Living Foods bringing vitality through food with Natasha Czopor - Natasha's Living Food
14.30 - 16.00 | Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) with Dr. Anthony Sharkey
15.15 - 16.30 | Vinyasa Flow Yoga - The Elbowroom
- It takes just a few minutes to learn the basics of EFT, with it you can immediately start to remove the blocks to the emotional and physical vibrant health you have always intuited possible for you.
15.15 - 15.55 | Embracing the World: Amma's life, work and teachings - Amma Ireland
16.10 - 17.00 | Acupuncture and Tuina (Chinese deep tissue massage) talk and demonstration with Maria Maher - Oscailt
16.35 - 17.15 | Kundalini Yoga - Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association
17.00 - 18.00 | Alexander Technique: Posture - The Gravity of the Situation with Fiona Cranwell
- Fiona will be conducting a workshop where you will learn about how we use our posture in everyday life. Are we working with gravity? Or are we letting it pull us out of shape?
This hour will explore simple truths about the human body and how we use it. There will be a helpful tips in how to move. Your questions about posture will be answered.
17.05 - 18.00 | Reiki - How Does it Work? Demonstration and Q&A with Kelley Bermingham - Reiki Federation Ireland
17.10 - 18.00 | A Life of Joy: Practical Understand of the Law of Attraction with Maya Ben-Harosh
There are also private therapies including massage | reiki | shiatsu | Indian head massage | reflexology | Thai massage | acupuncture and spiritual healing.
Govindas will be supplying the food on the day. All in all, it's a day that's sure to give you something to think about and maybe even help change your life, even a little.
For €20 that's not a bad way to spend the summer solstice! You can buy tickets here or call Dublin 01 674 5773 or 01 674 6396.