Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hello Sheila, remember me?

Monday in Davy Byrnes was just one of those random nights. Unplanned, uncoordinated and deliciously fun. I learned important lessons - a smile and a glint in the eye goes a long way. Saying please and thank you always helps.

But above all I learned to never, ever leave my camera behind with Anthony, Darren or Niamh now they've been involved in this.





Sheila left her camera behind her in the pub, with all the great photos she’d taken of the night. All the people she'd been with. So we thought, what if we added, erm, everyone else? Tourists, locals, barstaff... everyone? Tee hee hee.







All photos can be seen on my pix.ie page. My sincere thanks to everyone in Davy Byrnes for their great sense of humour.
Sorry Sheila
!



I would greatly appreciate that because this was done for fun and with the willingness of so many nice people, that these photos are not used to make fun of any of the participants. Please contact me regarding using the photos, and if you'd like any taken down, just let me know.


15 comments:

  1. Thats one of the greatest Idea's I've ever heard. brilliant idea mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did John Waters realise you were a BLOGGER????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that John Waters? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @David - Thanks mate!

    @Green Ink and @David x 2 -

    Oh is that who that is? Ahem. Well he was very nice, approachable and very open to posing for the photo. That's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're aware of the recent JW controversy over bloggers though? Much bigger than the Rosie thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. did no one say no? you must be persuasive!

    That definitely looks like John Waters alright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An awesome night and further proof that, Darragh, you are a social genius.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! John Waters of all people!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would you not have given Waters a slap?

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you could just combine this idea with your last post, this could turn into a very popular blog, very quickly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Priceless and what you'd expect from you Darragh, there's no such thing as a 'usual night out' when you're around :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep thats John Waters alright, little jumped up...

    you know what I mean, what a great idea though I take it she got her camera back or have you nicked forever more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried holding up a sign like that outside a girls house once. Now I need a bigger one as I have to stay 50ft away at all times.

    She remembers me alright!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehe, brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was so confused because I thought you meant John Waters of Baltimore and didn't see him anywhere. Plus he's really distinctive looking so I was also wondering why everyone seemed to see him in the photos when he so clearly was not there. And I wondered a bit why John Waters was in Dublin, anyway. Then I googled it and figured you must mean the guy from the Irish Times?

    ReplyDelete