Friday, May 09, 2008

Guest blogging at the Shine Conference in London



Following a recommendation from Damien Mulley I've come to the Shine Unconference in London this weekend.

I've been invited to be a guest blogger on the Social Reporter blog which is covering the event.

If you have an interest - even passing - in social entrepreneurs, in campaigning for change and in what people are doing to make a difference in the world, and would like to see what's going on in London, come over and have a read. My first (long of course) post is now live.

My main area of interest is the people here - who they are, what they're doing and their stories.

As I shared, one of my favourite poems - What Is Success by Ralph Waldo Emerson - has these lines, which sum up what a social entrepreneur is quite well for me:

…To find the best in others;

To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived;

This is to have succeeded.
Thanks to the lovely people at Unltdworld I have internet access (guess who wasn't intelligent enough to bring his laptop?) and will be blogging there and here (hopefully) over the weekend.

Any and all feedback welcome. You should also have a read of the Social Entrepreneurs Ireland website.

No comments:

Post a Comment