Thursday, April 17, 2008

My memoir - only a few weeks late...

The lovely Grannymar tagged me in something called a "meme" which apparently means that it continues on other blogs. (I have a lot to learn.)

Some people don't like it, but this is my first time being tagged (by an older woman) so I'll play nicely! :D

She was tagged by Alice from My Wintersong to "write a six word memoir". The rules are:

  • Write your own six word memoir.
  • Post it on your blog, including a visual illustration if you’d like.
  • Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so that it can be tracked as it travels across the blogosphere.
  • Tag at least five more blogs with links;
  • and Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
6 words? SIX WORDS? Anyone who knows me will know what a difficulty summarising something to 60 words would be for me, never mind 6!

So I've been giving it some serious thought... since March 29, when Grannymar asked. Oops!

I came up with something like "likes to make other people smile". It's not bad and fits with the word Darren bought for me. But Niamh (as per usual) came up with something much better:

Tries to help.
Thinks too much.

I took this photo last weekend in Eason's. I liked it.

Worth waiting for? It's honest anyways!

I've been following this Meme right from Colleen who Grannymar's in line with. I see Darren did it, as did Anthony, Will, Ben, Daragh, Rowan, Paddy Bloggit and as Darren pointed out it's covered over on Wired.com. I really liked
In the beginning was the word.
- Gregory Maguire
So, shall I continue it? Well, I'm going to be completely naive enough as to invite the writers of some of the new fantastic blogs I've found recently and see who'd like to. I won't hold it against you, I promise.
I've also asked the lovely folk over on The Faux Sty.

Grannymar, as always, a pleasure to interact with you. We're still on for coffee at some stage, right? Better late than never I say ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Very well done young man! Nicely passed on as well.

    Coffee is still on whenever I hit town. I have a trophy to collect! This time I promise not to make a speech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. done, in spite of my no meme policy (you asked nicely).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh so this is where you are!! ill add your blog now, I had lost the link!! ill shar the words for you, but I have to think about them first :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @grannymar - thank you. Sure haven't I been learning from the best - yerself and your lovely daughter?

    I'm looking forward to the coffee.

    @rosie - loved yours. Thank you for sharing :)

    @lette - yep, here I be for now. Nice of you to drop by! Looking forward to reading what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just made my day, thank you so much!

    I promise I will do the same very soon, when things calm down in work and I'm not running round like a headless chicken!

    ReplyDelete